The main objective of collecting personal data by DeCamondo is to offer you a secure, optimal, effective and personalized experience. DeCamondo undertakes to collect and process your personal data lawfully and fairly. The processing implemented by DeCamondo pursues specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
Your data may be processed for the following purposes in particular:
• To provide you the service, i.e. recording / managing your booking and its payment.
* In this context, the legal basis of the processing is the performance of the contract between DeCamondo and you.
• To handle any questions or requests and deal with any complaints you may have: DeCamondo may use the data collected to respond to your requests relating to the functioning of the Site, DeCamondo' services, your bookings, etc.
* In this context, the legal basis of the processing is either the performance of the contract if the request concerns the contractual relationship between DeCamondo and you, or else the legitimate interest of DeCamondo, more specifically its financial interest in satisfying your questions and ensuring quality customer service.
* In this context, the legal basis of the processing is DeCamondo' legitimate interest, more specifically its financial interest in continually improving its Site and its services and in offering you appropriate content and optimal browsing.
• To handle your job application if you contact us for this purpose.
* In this context, the legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of DeCamondo, more specifically its interest in responding to your job application and finding suitable profiles for the position available within DeCamondo.
• To send you marketing/commercial information: DeCamondo may send you e-mails with information on its activities and services if you have consented to it.
* In this context, the processing is based on DeCamondo' legitimate interest, more specifically its financial interest in making you personalized offers, better understanding your needs and offering you adapted services to build your loyalty.
DeCamondo may use the data collected for other purposes, subject to your prior consent.2. Storage Of Your Personal Data
DeCamondo will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected and processed. DeCamondo may, however, keep your personal data for a longer period (in archives) whenever there is a legal obligation for us or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, namely:
• 5 years after the end of the commercial/contractual relationship for any data collected in the context of a booking;
• 3 years after the last contact with you for any data collected for direct marketing purposes;
• 10 years for any data required for accounting purposes;
• until the end of the processing of your request for any request / claim (and in accordance with the applicable statute of limitation in the event of litigation);
• 2 years for applicant data from the last contact with the applicant unless the applicant agrees to a longer period; beyond that the data are archived for 4 years;
• when cookies or other tracers not necessary for the functioning of the Site are placed on your device, they are stored in accordance with the legal obligations and recommendations issued by the authorities.3. Communication Of Your Personal Data
DeCamondo may provide access to your personal data to service providers and/or affiliates to perform services related to the Site (including hosting, maintenance, risk and fraud protection, Site optimization) and to perform data analysis and marketing campaign services. These service providers will only have access to your data to perform these services and are bound to the same security and confidentiality obligations as DeCamondo which remains responsible for the processing of your data. Any personal data required to make a reservation in one of the Hotels on the Site will be transferred to the concerned Hotel. The Hotels are operated under a franchise or management agreement between the Hotel’s owner and DeCamondo (or one of its subsidiaries across the world). When staying in one of the Hotels, your personal data will be dealt with by DeCamondo and the Hotel, both acting as data controllers for their own, separate, purposes. In summary:
• DeCamondo will process your personal data because it manages the Site’s booking engine, which allows DeCamondo to collect the data necessary to organize your stay in one of the Hotels and to communicate this data to the concerned Hotel. DeCamondo also manages a global database of clients who stay in hotels under the DeCamondo brand,
• the Hotel will process your data to manage its contractual relationship with you (invoicing, payment, booking management etc.), to perform marketing activities and to comply with its legal obligations.
The data related to your stays, preferences and satisfaction are shared between the hotels operating under the DeCamondo brand. This data is used to improve the quality of service and your experience in each of these hotels. In this context, your data is processed jointly by DeCamondo and these hotels. In order to pursue this legitimate interest, whilst safeguarding your rights and liberties, a specific joint controllership agreement describes the obligations and responsibilities of DeCamondo and these hotels. You may, at any time, object to the sharing of this data between the hotels and DeCamondo. by contacting us as provided in Article 7 below. You can also request a summary of the key points of the joint controllership agreement.
DeCamondo may also share your data to comply with its legal obligations, to prevent, detect, investigate and take action against any prohibited or illegal activities, any situation threatening the security or any other right and interest of Users, DeCamondo or any individual and any violation of the Site’s